Composite Products version 3.0 is finally here, after 12 weeks of development and 187 commits.
The new version includes many requested features and improvements targeted towards large-scale kitting applications, including:
- a redesigned, responsive front-end and back-end UI;
- multiple front-end UX refinements;
- WP_Query-based retrieval, pagination, sorting and filtering of component options;
- front-end and back-end performance optimizations;
- exclusion-based scenario definitions;
- bundled shipping improvements; and
- helpful documentation for developers.
Today, we are going to look at a cool Composite Products feature which is one of the easiest to miss.
Out of the box, Composites do not allow multiple products to be purchased under a single Component. However, this is possible using the Product Bundles extension. Let’s see how!